It’s the most wonderful time of the year for football fans with the kick-off of the Green Bay Packers’ and Wisconsin Badgers’ seasons.
Fans are excited to spend their Saturdays, Sundays, Monday nights – and a few other days – glued to the TV or their seat in the stadium. However, even the most avid fan can find it difficult to make it though the entire season without a single scheduling conflict – be it a wedding, a work commitment or some other event. Now fans can stay in the loop even when they’re out of the game – easily and discreetly – by using their Android-powered phone.
“An Android device is all about lifestyle – you can choose fun and helpful applications that fit your unique passions, hobbies and interests,” said Laurie Poellinger, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Wisconsin. “For sports enthusiasts, there are hundreds of apps that can help you keep up with your scores, player stats and team rankings. Packers and Badgers fans never have to miss a game-changing play or nail-biter again.”
As fans load up with tailgating supplies, team apparel and tickets to the can’t-miss games of the year, they also will want to equip themselves with a few essential cell phone applications. With these free Android apps, they won’t miss a play or a point all season:
• Scoreboard: With this Google app, check out the latest schedules, scores and standings for your favorite football, basketball, baseball, soccer and college sports teams as well as golf. You can pick your favorite teams and adjust the notification levels to receive updates on the score of the game at varying times.
• Score Center: This ESPN app automatically updates to provide news and near-real time score alerts for your favorite sports and teams. You may also want to check out ESPN Radio to listen to live ESPN radio, podcasts and On Demand SportsCenter updates ($4.99).
• Fantasy Guru: Use this app to access and manage your Yahoo! fantasy teams and start, add, drop, bench and trade players directly from your phone. You can fix your roster as soon as you hear about that wide receiver’s injury so you don’t forget to bench him before kickoff. It also provides real-time access to game stats and scores. Other free apps to manage fantasy teams include CBS Sports Pro Football and HuddleHub, coming soon for ESPN fantasy teams.
• College Football Live: An app that provides complete coverage of all college football games this fall. Get live play-by-play action and scoring plays for all top-rated teams and personalize the app to provide one-touch access to your favorite teams' live games, news and photos.
• Sports Trivia: Finally, if you’re going to claim to be a sports fanatic, you’ve got to know your stats. Keep your mind sharp for sports trivia with this app that quizzes you on baseball, soccer, football, tennis, the Olympics, basketball and other sports. Games include NBA players, NCAA coaches, NFL records and MLB teams.
- Breastfeeding Safely While Taking Medication for Anxiety and Depression
- Floor Coverings International Offers Advice To Milwakee Residents During National Flood Safety Awareness Week
- Cashel Dennehy Irish Dancers Win Four National Championships
- Families Take Advantage of a Free Booster and Car Seat Check Event
- North Shore Fire Department Urges North Shore Residents to "Stay Fire Smart! Don't Get Burned."
- North Shore Fire Department's Tips For National Child Passenger Safety Week
- Local Artists Among 'Fine & Wearable Art Show' Participants
- Now UGC Story Consumer News
- Tips to Fight Stress Presented by Physical Therapist
- Federal Stimulus Money Available to Local Homeowners