Many Cashel Dennehy Irish dancers’ dreams really did come true as they competed in the North American Irish Dancing Championships at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida over the week of July 4th. The school sent 8 Ceili teams and a 16 hand choreography team to the National Championships where they competed against the best teams on the continent and came back with 4 first place medals. The winning teams were: girls under 11, mixed under16, senior ladies and choreography under 16. The mixed team under13 won 2nd place. Cashel Dennehy sent 3 girls under 16 teams. Out of the 52 teams competing, all placed in the top 5, winning 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place.
Soloists who represented the school won the right to compete at Nationals by ranking in the top third of their competitions at Mid America Regionals. These dancers included :Abby Reynolds who placed 3rd, Colette Harling 4th, Bridget Thompson 7th, Alyssa Harling 14th, Raffi Hallerman 16th, Carly Reynolds 17th, Natalie Rondinelli and Bridget MacKenzie 22nd, Brigid Hughes , Gabi Caron-Schuler 32nd, Avery Emerson 36th, Sophie Steigerwald, 38th, Molly Cowen 41st, Allison Wall 46th, Delaney O'Neil 48th, Kathleen Jorgensen 51st,and Maddie Gibson 56th.
Pictured here is the National Champion Senior Ladies team: Bottom row left to right: Kathleen Jorgensen, Milwaukee; Allison Wall, Wauwatosa; Bridget MacKenzie, Wauwatosa; Claire Rolfes, Whitefish Bay. Top row left to right: Kelsey Jashinsky, Milwaukee; Katie Barnes, Menomonee Falls; Roberta Donaldson, Bayside; and Jenna Ezzell, Elm Grove
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary