"The Front Porch Boys" will open the 6th annual "Concert in the Park" programs at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 8080 North 47th Street, Brown Deer, on Saturday, June 26. This bluegrass band was formed in 2001 and is based in Southeast Wisconsin. Their musical style creates a place in time, a place in your mind, maybe somewhere you've never been or known. After all, the songs are about the basic things of life -- love, family, and a hope for a better life to come.
The second and third programs for 2010 are planned for July 24 -- "Accompany of Kids" and August 28 -- "The Banjo Barons." Mark your calendars!
All performances begin at 7:00 p.m. outisde in the Memorial Garden on the north side of the church. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Stay after the program for an old fashioned ice cream social. In the event of rain, we will use the downstairs Fellowship Hall. All programs are subject to change.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- MUSIC AT THE MARKET
- Pizzeria Piccola Society Sunday August 17 benefiting Second Hand Purrs