"The Front Porch Boys" will open the 6th annual "Concert in the Park" programs at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 8080 North 47th Street, Brown Deer, on Saturday, June 26. This bluegrass band was formed in 2001 and is based in Southeast Wisconsin. Their musical style creates a place in time, a place in your mind, maybe somewhere you've never been or known. After all, the songs are about the basic things of life -- love, family, and a hope for a better life to come.
The second and third programs for 2010 are planned for July 24 -- "Accompany of Kids" and August 28 -- "The Banjo Barons." Mark your calendars!
All performances begin at 7:00 p.m. outisde in the Memorial Garden on the north side of the church. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Stay after the program for an old fashioned ice cream social. In the event of rain, we will use the downstairs Fellowship Hall. All programs are subject to change.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Wauwatosa Girl Makes Good
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point