Attending free sessions of fitness boot camp, the exercise phenomenon that’s been popping up around the country, is a smart way to sample before signing up for a full program. To give the curious a chance to “weigh in” before taking the leap, Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp (MABC) will host free one-hour sessions once a month at a North Shore area location, announced MABC head coach and Shorewood resident, Catherine Andersen.
The next free camp will be held Saturday, May 15, from 7-8 a.m.at Bradford Beach.
Free camps are coed, and everyone should bring a mat, weights and water. Participants must pre- register either online at www.milwaukeebootcamp.com, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call ( 414) 881-5348.
“It’s no surprise that boot camp has become such a popular choice,” said Andersen. “We cover all the elements of a complete workout – cardiovascular and strength training, toning exercises and stretching – all in one hour. Plus we make sure our camps provide a fun group experience, personal attention and activities that allow campers to work out at their own fitness levels. Free camps let participants sample the full program.”
The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America’s leading authority on fitness, announced boot camp as one of the top 10 fitness trends for 2010, citing its efficiency in burning calories and improving muscular fitness.
About Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp
Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp, a complete fitness program that runs year-round both indoors and outside, has class locations in Milwaukee, Bay View and Elm Grove/Brookfield. Since its first camp in February 2008, MABC has worked with over a thousand campers, most of them repeat participants due do the program’s high level of success and fun. The exercise regimen includes weight training, cardio games and drills, core training with elements of yoga and Pilates, and other cardio conditioning and full-body muscle-strengthening aspects; a nutritional component also plays a very strong role in the program, along with strong coaching support. MABC, a division of A-List Fitness, is the only Better Business Bureau-accredited fitness boot camp in Milwaukee and the state.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!