A couple weeks ago, about 10:00 AM, I glanced out of the front window of my house and was surprised to see the street filled with police cars.
A few doors to my left was an SUV at the curb, while a few doors to my right police were searching the area around a neighbor's house.
After some inquiries I learned what the story behind the activity.
One of the residents saw 3 men taking some items, including a big screen TV out of a neighbor's house. Suspicious of what was happening, he called the police to report the activity.
The first responder was Shorewood Police Chief David Banaszynski who saw the men get in the car and start to drive off. He immediately pulled them over and took them into custody as other officers arrived to assist.
The Shorewood PD was assisted by the Whitefish Bay police, who sent units to block the street and transport one of the detainees.
Over $8000 of stolen items were found in their car. They are being looked at by a number of surrounding communities for similar type burglaries.
Thank you to my neighbor who called in the suspicious activity, and to the SHWD and WFB Police Departments for the quick response. Community Policing really does work.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities