The Mequon United Methodist Church Youth Group recently participated in the "Souper Bowl of Caring", joining young people in churches all across the country to collect money and non-perishable food items for those who are hungry and hurting. The MUMC Youth group raised and donated close to $500.00 to help in relief to the citizens of Haiti.
The "Souper Bowl of Caring" has become a powerful movement that is transforming Super Bowl weekend into the nation’s largest youth-led weekend of giving and serving. Through this mission, young people learn what it’s like to make a positive difference in the world – as they collect food, raise money and volunteer to work in charities that provide shelter to the homeless, food to the hungry and compassion to those in need. Since the Souper Bowl of Caring became a national grassroots event in 1993, more than $60 million has been raised to help those in need.
If you know of a young person who is interested in joining youth activities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and fun, please contact Ben Gruettner, MUMC Youth Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (262) 242-4770.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Spring Break at the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio!
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Brilliant DPI to Host Open House to Showcase Expanded Office Space
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations