North Shore Communities Were Able To “Keep The Wreaths Red” This Holiday Season!
This holiday season we celebrated the 29th year anniversary of Illinois Fire Chiefs Association’s (IFCA) adopted “Keep the Wreath Red” Program. All seven (7) of the North Shore communities were successful in preventing holiday decoration related fires and therefore were able to “Keep Their Wreaths Red.” We did not have a single fire as a result of a holiday decoration!
Annually the “Keep the Wreath Red” Program is endorsed by the IFCA Board of Directors to alert residents of fires caused by holiday decorations. Each year a few more departments participate in this program.
The “Keep the Wreath Red” Program is a visual reminder to citizens to take additional safety precautions during the holiday season to make this a safe and happy holiday season.
In 1996, the North Shore Fire Department joined fire departments around the country in the "Keep the Wreath Red" program.
As the holiday season begins, each fire station in the North Shore places in public view a holiday wreath decorated with red bulbs. The wreaths are illuminated constantly. If a fire is directly caused by holiday decorations, one red bulb will be changed to a white bulb.
On behalf of the entire North Shore Fire Department, thank you for taking the necessary precautions during this holiday season to prevent holiday decoration related fires and in helping us to "Keep The Wreaths Red!"
Questions or comments can be directed to the North Shore Fire Department Public Education Office at 414-228-0292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Leading Infertility Clinic Offers Service to Veterans