Teams from University School of Milwaukee, Homestead High School and Whitefish Bay High School took first, second and third place, respectively, in Milwaukee School of Engineering’s annual “OP”portunity Math Conference.
The OP conference gives high school students the opportunity to demonstrate excellence in academic pursuits. The competitions challenge the skills and abilities of students at all levels. For the OP Math competition, students worked to solve problems in a number of categories including algebra, geometry, advanced math and problem solving. There were 27 teams that participated in the competition. University School was coached by Michael Bartl; Monica Gantner coached the Homestead High School team; and Whitefish Bay High School was coached by Janet Fortney.
MSOE is an independent university with 2,600 students. MSOE offers 17 bachelor’s degrees and nine master’s degrees in the engineering, engineering technology, architectural engineering and building construction, computer, business, nursing and health-related fields. The university has a national academic reputation; longstanding ties to business and industry; dedicated professors with real-world experience; and extremely high placement rates and starting salaries. MSOE graduates are well-rounded, technologically experienced and highly productive professionals and leaders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Share Memories of 1945-1955
- A Night for Remembering to Benefit Alzheimer's Association
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Tips For Choosing Bathroom Faucets
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS