Teams from University School of Milwaukee, Homestead High School and Whitefish Bay High School took first, second and third place, respectively, in Milwaukee School of Engineering’s annual “OP”portunity Math Conference.
The OP conference gives high school students the opportunity to demonstrate excellence in academic pursuits. The competitions challenge the skills and abilities of students at all levels. For the OP Math competition, students worked to solve problems in a number of categories including algebra, geometry, advanced math and problem solving. There were 27 teams that participated in the competition. University School was coached by Michael Bartl; Monica Gantner coached the Homestead High School team; and Whitefish Bay High School was coached by Janet Fortney.
MSOE is an independent university with 2,600 students. MSOE offers 17 bachelor’s degrees and nine master’s degrees in the engineering, engineering technology, architectural engineering and building construction, computer, business, nursing and health-related fields. The university has a national academic reputation; longstanding ties to business and industry; dedicated professors with real-world experience; and extremely high placement rates and starting salaries. MSOE graduates are well-rounded, technologically experienced and highly productive professionals and leaders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners