Harleys: The Store for Men Stages Trade in Trade Up Event to Benefit St. Vincent de Paul
Shorewood Retailer Turns Compassion Into Action by Supporting an Important Cause
Harleys: The Store for Men in Shorewood, Wis. is pleased to announce its semi-annual Trade In and Trade Up Event on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, October 29, 30 and 31. For three days only, shoppers are invited to clean out their closets and trade in their gently used garments and accessories to benefit the St. Vincent de Paul Society. For every item donated, customers can then purchase a like item from Harleys at 20% savings.
Harleys is proud to support and partner with this vital Milwaukee organization. With a history of service to the poor dating back to the mid-1800s, St. Vincent De Paul Society volunteers visit the homes of the working poor, seniors and the unemployed to lend a hand and a heart. They distribute gift certificates so that families can shop for much-needed clothing, furniture and household items, free of charge, at the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store. (The Milwaukee store is located at 2320 W. Lincoln Ave.) In 2009, nearly $400,000 has been distributed to the economically disadvantaged. The organization also manages a free meal program and a family resource center. (Visit www.svdpmilw.org for more information.)
Harleys invites the Milwaukee community to visit its new store at 3565 N. Oakland Ave. in Shorewood (just four blocks south of its original location). For more than 60 years, the Harleys’ name has been synonymous with the ultimate in men’s fashion and style, offering unparalleled personal attention and service. Harleys features an extensive selection of men’s apparel and accessories from today’s most exclusive designers.
A receipt will be issued for all tax-deductible donations. During the event, all major credit cards are accepted and sleeve and bottom alterations are included (other alterations as posted). Special orders are not included during this special event.
Event hours are Thur., Oct. 29, 10-8, Fri., Oct. 30, 10-6 and Sat., Oct. 31, 9-5. Visit Harleys: The Store for Men at 3565 N. Oakland Ave., Shorewood, Wis. Phone: 414.332.3404. www.harleys4men.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary