Share Your Interest in Sports, Become a Big Brother Volunteer
Learn about Johnson Controls Sports Buddies, a new mentoring opportunity offered through Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee, during an informational session at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at the agency’s downtown office, 788 N. Jefferson St., Suite 600.
The JCI Sports Buddies Program pairs adult volunteers, age 18 or older, one-to-one with boys based on a mutual interest in sports. When enrolled in the program, volunteers and their “Littles” get together three to four times per month for one year. Each month BBBS staff organize and supervise two free/moderate-cost, sports-related, group activities for Sports Buddies volunteers and children (matches). Sports Buddies is made possible through a grant from Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI).
JCI Sports Buddies was designed to increase male participation in Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring and help reduce the agency’s waiting list of boys who want a male mentor.
Every BBBS mentoring relationship, including Sports Buddies matches, receives ongoing support from a trained, experienced staff member, who fosters the relationship, supervises for safety and measures youth development outcomes—a feature that distinguishes BBBS from other mentoring programs.
For information, visit bbbsmilwaukee.org or call Big Brothers Big Sisters at 414-258-4778.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Area German Students "Sehr gut" at Contest
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info