Share Your Interest in Sports, Become a Big Brother Volunteer
Learn about Johnson Controls Sports Buddies, a new mentoring opportunity offered through Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee, during an informational session at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at the agency’s downtown office, 788 N. Jefferson St., Suite 600.
The JCI Sports Buddies Program pairs adult volunteers, age 18 or older, one-to-one with boys based on a mutual interest in sports. When enrolled in the program, volunteers and their “Littles” get together three to four times per month for one year. Each month BBBS staff organize and supervise two free/moderate-cost, sports-related, group activities for Sports Buddies volunteers and children (matches). Sports Buddies is made possible through a grant from Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI).
JCI Sports Buddies was designed to increase male participation in Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring and help reduce the agency’s waiting list of boys who want a male mentor.
Every BBBS mentoring relationship, including Sports Buddies matches, receives ongoing support from a trained, experienced staff member, who fosters the relationship, supervises for safety and measures youth development outcomes—a feature that distinguishes BBBS from other mentoring programs.
For information, visit bbbsmilwaukee.org or call Big Brothers Big Sisters at 414-258-4778.
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Concordia Pharmacy Students Help with Prescription Drug Disposal Right Before Finals
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco Becomes an Ameriprise Financial Diamond Ring Club Member