Share Your Interest in Sports, Become a Big Brother Volunteer
Learn about Johnson Controls Sports Buddies, a new mentoring opportunity offered through Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee, during an informational session at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at the agency’s downtown office, 788 N. Jefferson St., Suite 600.
The JCI Sports Buddies Program pairs adult volunteers, age 18 or older, one-to-one with boys based on a mutual interest in sports. When enrolled in the program, volunteers and their “Littles” get together three to four times per month for one year. Each month BBBS staff organize and supervise two free/moderate-cost, sports-related, group activities for Sports Buddies volunteers and children (matches). Sports Buddies is made possible through a grant from Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI).
JCI Sports Buddies was designed to increase male participation in Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring and help reduce the agency’s waiting list of boys who want a male mentor.
Every BBBS mentoring relationship, including Sports Buddies matches, receives ongoing support from a trained, experienced staff member, who fosters the relationship, supervises for safety and measures youth development outcomes—a feature that distinguishes BBBS from other mentoring programs.
For information, visit bbbsmilwaukee.org or call Big Brothers Big Sisters at 414-258-4778.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art Sampler
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Fall Programming Registration Info
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!