Shorewest REALTORS®, Northshore Office
Is the housing market in Wisconsin on the rebound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but the second quarter of 2009 ended on a high note for Shorewest, REALTORS®. For the first time this year, accepted offers in June were greater than June of 2008.
There are other indicators that the market may be turning around as well. Nationally prices are up slightly in a number of key markets, according to Standard & Poor’s Case-Shiller index. Home sales are also up in many local markets, and mortgage rates continue to be low. There is also the valuable tax credit of up to $8,000 for home buyers available until December 1, 2009.
What’s more, the national consumer confidence index soared to its highest level in eight months. That’s crucial for future home buying and selling behaviors because when people are worried about their economic futures, they stay on the sidelines. According to Lynn Franco, director of the Conference Board’s research center, the latest numbers show that consumers are now considerably more optimistic about everything from jobs to their own finances.
This is all good news and positive for the housing market, and we look forward to a full recovery of the southeastern Wisconsin’s real estate market. This is also an excellent time to consider stepping into the real estate market as a sales associate.
For those interested in starting a career in Real Estate at this time, Shorewest REALTORS is offering a free Real Estate Career Seminar on Wednesday, August 19th. It will be held at 5 o’clock at Shorewest’s Northshore Office, 4559 N. Oakland Avenue in Shorewood. This seminar will provide information about obtaining a Real Estate license, answer questions about a career in today’s market and arm you with the knowledge to get started.
Reservations are requested. Please call Betsy Van Horn at 414/962-4413, ext. 183
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Dominican Football team wins