When the North Shore Fire Departmnet has an incident of a long duration, such as a structure fire, we call upon the services of a volunteer group called the Milwaukee Fire Bell Club. That organization has the equipment, expertise, and staffing to assist the emergency workers by providing hydration (liquids) and rehab (food), all free of charge to the requesting agency. Besides Firefighters, served are Police Officers, Sheriffs Deputies, Public Works Staff, Utility Workers, Red Cross Responders, and the victims of the disaster.
An additional service that this 501(c)(3) organization is looking to provide is a mobile restroom for the workers at emergency situations. Over 60% of the funding needed for such a vehicle was donated by a private citizen. If you are interested in helping complete the funding, please make your tax deductible donation payable to Milwaukee Fire Bell Club and send it to: North Shore Fire Departmnet, 4401 West River Lane, Brown Deer, WI 53223.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- 26th Annual Trek 100 Ride for Hope
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th