When the North Shore Fire Departmnet has an incident of a long duration, such as a structure fire, we call upon the services of a volunteer group called the Milwaukee Fire Bell Club. That organization has the equipment, expertise, and staffing to assist the emergency workers by providing hydration (liquids) and rehab (food), all free of charge to the requesting agency. Besides Firefighters, served are Police Officers, Sheriffs Deputies, Public Works Staff, Utility Workers, Red Cross Responders, and the victims of the disaster.
An additional service that this 501(c)(3) organization is looking to provide is a mobile restroom for the workers at emergency situations. Over 60% of the funding needed for such a vehicle was donated by a private citizen. If you are interested in helping complete the funding, please make your tax deductible donation payable to Milwaukee Fire Bell Club and send it to: North Shore Fire Departmnet, 4401 West River Lane, Brown Deer, WI 53223.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Free Showing of "Million Dollar Arm"