Volunteers both young and old, as well as families, youth groups, schools, businesses and churches are invited to take part in the Keep America Beautiful 2009 Great American Cleanup with the official Community Cleanup Day kick-off event starting on April 18th from 9am to noon at Gordon Park, 1321 E. Locust Ave in Milwaukee. Cleanup supplies will be provided. Participants should bring their own gloves, if available.
Participants are encouraged to join in litter cleanup, park, roadway, river and lake cleanup, or beautification projects. On Saturday, April 18th from 9am to noon cleanups will take place at the following Milwaukee County Parks:
Cudahy Park at 3000 E. Ramsey Ave.
Falk Park at 2031 W. Rawson Ave.
Sheridan and Warnimont Parks at 4800 S. Lake Drive
Grant Park at 100 E. Hawthorne Ave.
Humboldt Park at 3000 S. Howell Ave.
Lake Park at 3233 E. Kenwood Boulevard
Lakefront Bike & Trail Bluffs meet at McKinley Marina Parking Lot 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr.
South Shore Park at 2900 S. South Shore Dr.
Washington Park at 1859 N. 40th Street
Whitnall Park/ Potters Forest at 5879 S. 92nd Street
Last year in greater Milwaukee alone over 45,000 volunteers worked diligently to clean and beautify local communities. Interested parties may sign up to become a site coordinator or cleanup volunteer by visiting the website at www.kgmb.org. For additional information or to receive a paper copy of the registration form, please contact Karolynn Pohl at (414) 272-5462 x104.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Free Showing of "Million Dollar Arm"