Volunteers both young and old, as well as families, youth groups, schools, businesses and churches are invited to take part in the Keep America Beautiful 2009 Great American Cleanup with the official Community Cleanup Day kick-off event starting on April 18th from 9am to noon at Gordon Park, 1321 E. Locust Ave in Milwaukee. Cleanup supplies will be provided. Participants should bring their own gloves, if available.
Participants are encouraged to join in litter cleanup, park, roadway, river and lake cleanup, or beautification projects. On Saturday, April 18th from 9am to noon cleanups will take place at the following Milwaukee County Parks:
Cudahy Park at 3000 E. Ramsey Ave.
Falk Park at 2031 W. Rawson Ave.
Sheridan and Warnimont Parks at 4800 S. Lake Drive
Grant Park at 100 E. Hawthorne Ave.
Humboldt Park at 3000 S. Howell Ave.
Lake Park at 3233 E. Kenwood Boulevard
Lakefront Bike & Trail Bluffs meet at McKinley Marina Parking Lot 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr.
South Shore Park at 2900 S. South Shore Dr.
Washington Park at 1859 N. 40th Street
Whitnall Park/ Potters Forest at 5879 S. 92nd Street
Last year in greater Milwaukee alone over 45,000 volunteers worked diligently to clean and beautify local communities. Interested parties may sign up to become a site coordinator or cleanup volunteer by visiting the website at www.kgmb.org. For additional information or to receive a paper copy of the registration form, please contact Karolynn Pohl at (414) 272-5462 x104.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Leading Infertility Clinic Offers Service to Veterans