The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board in partnership with IndependenceFirst is offering free disability and etiquette training sessions this summer to provide employers with the skills and resources to reach out to people with disabilities in the workplace.
Over 54 million Americans have a disability, representing over a trillion dollars of purchasing power, so reaching out to this population can increase a company’s overall diversity and visibility. By attending one of these training sessions, employers will gain the tools to capture a greater market share and help their bottom line while creating a more inclusive workplace.
Starting July 16, one-hour sessions are being offered throughout the summer that cover topics in disability etiquette, the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations, disability disclosure, tax incentives, and the revision of section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Training sessions will be held at the Washington County Workforce Development Center, 2200 Green Tree Rd. in West Bend, on July 16 and August 20 from 9- 10 a.m. and at the Waukesha County Workforce Development Center, 892 Main St. in Pewaukee, on August 27 and September 25 from 9-10 a.m.
These sessions are at no cost to businesses and are appropriate for HR representatives, managers, sales associates, or anyone who interacts with employers or customers.
Those interested in attending one of the sessions can register by contacting Kathy Meisner-Altman at (414) 226-8331 V/Relay or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Volunteers Still Needed For Walk MS: Milwaukee
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.