BloodCenter of Wisconsin offers State Fair tickets to those who come to the rescue.
July 8, 2014 -- BloodCenter of Wisconsin has identified a critical need for O negative blood donations.
As a small token of appreciation, all O negative blood donors who attempt to donate Wednesday, July 9 through Wednesday, July 16 will receive a pair of tickets to the Wisconsin State Fair.
If you have O negative blood, you have incredible potential to save lives.
O negative is the universal donor – meaning anyone can receive it. It is the blood type carried on Flight For Life and used by trauma centers and emergency rooms. It is given to newborn babies and people in urgent need, when there is no time to determine blood type.
Due to decreased donations during the summer and particularly over the recent holiday weekend, the need for O negative blood is immediate.
Please call 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or visit www.bcw.edu/appt to make an appointment at a community blood drive or donor center near you:
Brown Deer, 5960 W. Brown Deer Rd.
Greenfield, 7210 W. Edgerton Ave.
Kenosha, 8064 39th Ave.
La Crosse, 1800 Jackson Street, Suite C
Manitowoc, 619 Reed Avenue
Marshfield, 508 N. Central, Suite 101
Milwaukee, 638 N 18th St.
Racine, 1120 S. Sunnyslope Rd.
Sheboygan, 1018 S. Taylor Dr.
Waukesha, 2111 Springdale Rd.
Wauwatosa, 8733 Watertown Plank Rd.
West Bend, 130 Valley Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary