Bayside residents will have an opportunity to “Explore Remodeling’s Finest”, with a recently completed renovation project in the city part of the 15th annual Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc. The event will allow attendees to view 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes will feature the following renovation project in Bayside:
• Joseph Douglas Homes and Remodeling: Master Bath Addition • 9021 N. Greenvale Road
For decades, the family in this three-bedroom home shared one bathroom on the second floor. While it was not feasible to add a private bath while the children were at home, the homeowners completed a master bath addition after the kids moved out. The new space fit nicely over an existing one-story family room. Double French doors lead into the new space, and the free-standing cast iron tub with a floor mounted faucet is the room’s focal point. On one side are twin pedestal sinks, and on the other, a sit down vanity. The water closet and walk-in shower are tucked away for privacy on either side of the entry. Above it all is a tray ceiling with a chandelier.
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball