The Sport Science and Management Department at Cardinal Stritch University will hold its second Sport Management Symposium on Friday, April 4 from 9 a.m.–2 p.m. in the Sister Camille Kliebhan Conference Center on the main campus.
The event is open to the public. The symposium will feature keynote speaker Dr. William Sutton, a distinguished academician and a proven sport marketing practitioner whose consulting clients include the National Basketball Association, Ohio State University, the National Hockey League, and the New York Yankees.
The event will also feature panelists in sales and marketing professions from various sports organizations including: the Milwaukee Bucks, Destination Kohler, the Milwaukee Brewers, Kenosha Kingfish, New Balance, Paley Tennis Center, and the City of Greenfield Parks & Recreation.
With the peak of March Madness, the start of the 2014 Major League Baseball season, and the impending start of the Masters and NBA and NHL playoffs, a lot of interest has been directed toward a career in sport. With an estimate economic impact of $145.3 billion, the sport industry is flourishing with opportunities for students and young professionals.
To prepare students for careers in sport, undergraduate sport management programs grew from just three in the United States in 1980 to more than 300 as of 2010, including both undergraduate and graduate sport management programs at Cardinal Stritch University.
The cost to attend the event is $25 for general admission or $10 for Stritch alumni, students, staff, or faculty. For more information or to register, contact Justin Calvert at email@example.com or (414) 410-4740 or visit www.stritch.edu/sportmanagement/events.
About Stritch | Cardinal Stritch University, a fully accredited Catholic institution based in Milwaukee, provides transformative, value-centered education to more than 4,400 men and women of all faiths and ages in four colleges: Arts and Sciences, Education and Leadership, Business and Management, and the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing. The University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as certificate and other training programs. Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi, Stritch is the largest Franciscan institution of higher education in North America, with classroom sites across Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Spring Break at the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio!
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Brilliant DPI to Host Open House to Showcase Expanded Office Space
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations