On Monday March 3rd, 5th grade Student Council members started a penny war at Maple Dale School to raise money for typhoon relief in the Philippines.
The 3rd-6th grade’s prize was an extra recess and Freezie Pops. However, the 7th/8th grade got to see Mr. Reisen, 7/8th grade math teacher, shave his beard if the students raised $150. As a whole school, Maple Dale raised $1,250 in total.
A special ‘thank you’ to 5th grade Student Council members: Shayla Gwinn, Shannon Killberg, Julia Fernandez, Max Kolton, and Nicholas Kordysh for their hard work and dedication.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Spring Break at the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio!
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Brilliant DPI to Host Open House to Showcase Expanded Office Space
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations