Beverly Fay, a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association, will speak to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on Wednesday, February 12, at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Ms. Fay has been collecting valentines for over twenty years and has about 2,000 rare and historic valentines.
Her presentation covers the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.)to the present, but primarily centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). A special focus is on handmade valentines through the Industrial Era and the many personal, poignant, and amusing stories of this most romantic day of the year.
Actual valentines will be displayed, along with more on a slide presentation. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Refreshments follow this free lecture. Call (414) 540-2100 with further questions.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project