Beverly Fay, a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association, will speak to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on Wednesday, February 12, at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Ms. Fay has been collecting valentines for over twenty years and has about 2,000 rare and historic valentines.
Her presentation covers the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.)to the present, but primarily centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). A special focus is on handmade valentines through the Industrial Era and the many personal, poignant, and amusing stories of this most romantic day of the year.
Actual valentines will be displayed, along with more on a slide presentation. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Refreshments follow this free lecture. Call (414) 540-2100 with further questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities