Beverly Fay, a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association, will speak to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on Wednesday, February 12, at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Ms. Fay has been collecting valentines for over twenty years and has about 2,000 rare and historic valentines.
Her presentation covers the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.)to the present, but primarily centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). A special focus is on handmade valentines through the Industrial Era and the many personal, poignant, and amusing stories of this most romantic day of the year.
Actual valentines will be displayed, along with more on a slide presentation. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Refreshments follow this free lecture. Call (414) 540-2100 with further questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Showing of
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Memorial Lutheran Church to host 2nd Annual Fall Faith Fair this weekend!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Backstage Tour of the Rep
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- Lakeside Animal Hospital Celebrates 75 Years
- C.H. Coakley Delivers BikeShare Bikes Around Town
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. Upcoming Programs
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th