Beverly Fay, a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association, will speak to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on Wednesday, February 12, at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Ms. Fay has been collecting valentines for over twenty years and has about 2,000 rare and historic valentines.
Her presentation covers the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.)to the present, but primarily centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). A special focus is on handmade valentines through the Industrial Era and the many personal, poignant, and amusing stories of this most romantic day of the year.
Actual valentines will be displayed, along with more on a slide presentation. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Refreshments follow this free lecture. Call (414) 540-2100 with further questions.
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- How to Get Smart About the Stock Market
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Summer Art Classes for Children and Adults
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Fine Arts Funomenon
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game