The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will eat at Karl Ratzsch's and attend the Next Act Theater's production of "Groucho: A Life in Review." Written by his son Arthur, Groucho tells the story, from Brooklyn childhood to the Marx Brothers' start onstage. The boys perform many of their best routines and favorite songs. The play debuted Off-Broadway in 1986 and was nominated for the "Best Play" award by the New York Outer Critics' Circle. PBS filmed a version of the play, which aired in 2001.
The bus leaves from Glen Hills Middle School's upper lot at 11:10 a.m., Wednesday, November 27 and returns there around 4 p.m. Lunch is served family style and includes chef salad, chicken schnitzel, Octoberfest strudel (cheese, sauerkraut, and smoked pork), mixed vegetables, parsley boiled potatoes, chocolate torte, bread pudding, coffee, tea, and milk.
The cost of $50 covers transit, lunch, tips, and ticket. Paid reservations are due to the club by November 20. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events but new members are very appreciated. Call 414-540-2100 for further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1