Captain John Maydak of the North Shore Fire Department will present a power point program on home safety to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 13. The event will be in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale.
Captain Maydak will suggest many ways to make you and your home a safer place to live. We all encounter activities in daily life that lead to unexpected accidents. Many of these can be avoided by common sense and awareness. Specifically, Maydak will discuss the "Knox Box" for your front door that allows emergency personnel to gain access to your home when you are unable to open the door. There will an opportunity for questions as well.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. There is no charge and refreshments will be served. Call (414) 540-2100 for further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- YOUNG BAYSIDE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane