Captain John Maydak of the North Shore Fire Department will present a power point program on home safety to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 13. The event will be in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale.
Captain Maydak will suggest many ways to make you and your home a safer place to live. We all encounter activities in daily life that lead to unexpected accidents. Many of these can be avoided by common sense and awareness. Specifically, Maydak will discuss the "Knox Box" for your front door that allows emergency personnel to gain access to your home when you are unable to open the door. There will an opportunity for questions as well.
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. There is no charge and refreshments will be served. Call (414) 540-2100 for further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words