Veolia Water Milwaukee Hosts
Fifth Annual Supplier Diversity Symposium
MILWAUKEE – Oct. 15, 2013 – Veolia Water Milwaukee, along with Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) and the Wisconsin Minority Supplier Development Council announced they are hosting the fifth annual Supplier Diversity Symposium on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
The event is designed to advance business opportunities for small, women and minority-owned companies with Veolia Water and MMSD, who are looking for partnership opportunities for everything from printing to construction.
The Diversity Symposium will be held at Veolia Water, 700 E. Jones Street. The event begins at 8:30 a.m. There will be two tours scheduled of the Jones Island Wastewater Treatment Facility, which will enable attendees to see the different types of commodities that may be purchased by Veolia Water and MMSD.
“Veolia Water believes that diversity and inclusion propel creativity and drive innovation,” said Barbara Brown, Veolia Water Milwaukee’s procurement management. “These businesses are historically underutilized, and we’re working hard to make sure each one of them reaches their potential here in Milwaukee.”
Since establishing its wastewater treatment partnership with MMSD in 2008, Veolia Water has spent more than $34 million with small, women and minority-owned businesses.
Veolia Water Milwaukee and its partners have been hosting the diversity symposium since 2009. Each year attendance has substantially increased. At last year’s event, more than 800 people attended.
To register for the Supplier Diversity Symposium, or for more information on the requested products and services, visit www.veoliawatermmsdsds2013.eventbrite.com/.
About Veolia Water Milwaukee
Veolia Water Milwaukee was established in 2008, and is the wastewater treatment partner of Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewage District (MMSD). The company employs more than 225 people who help manage, operate and maintain the regional wastewater treatment system for MMSD. The system includes the Jones Island and South Shore Wastewater Treatment plants, and a 411-square-mile service area with a 26.5-mile deep tunnel inline storage system of collection sewers.
Veolia Water Milwaukee is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Veolia Water North America, the leading provider of comprehensive water and wastewater partnership services to municipal and industrial customers in approximately 650 communities. It is also one of the world's largest designers of technological solutions and constructor of facilities needed in water and wastewater services. With 93,400 employees worldwide, Veolia Water provides water service to 80 million people and wastewater service to 59 million.
Visit the company's websites at www.veoliawatermilwaukee.com or www.veoliawaterna.com, and check out the Facebook Fan Page.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project