The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Share Memories of 1945-1955
- A Night for Remembering to Benefit Alzheimer's Association
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Tips For Choosing Bathroom Faucets
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS