The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Free Showing of "Million Dollar Arm"