The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words