The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- MUSIC AT THE MARKET
- Pizzeria Piccola Society Sunday August 17 benefiting Second Hand Purrs