The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Fall Programming Registration Info
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!
- Financial Checklist for Your Sixties
- Still room for Wine Glass Painting at Purloin Studio