The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will travel to Door County on Tuesday, September 24. The bus leaves at 8 a.m. from Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, and returns by 6:30 p.m. There will be a step-on guide to provide information throughout the day.
The route follows the Lake Michigan shoreline through the lakeside communities of Two Rivers and Kewaunee to Algoma for a tour of the Von Stiehl winery, Wisconsin's oldest licensed winery with Civil War era buildings. A fish boil at the Old Post Office in Ephraim follows. The tour continues through Peninsula State Park with a stop at Eagle Bluff Lighthouse for a visit to the grounds and the interior of the lighthouse. The final stop is at Wood Orchard Market for optional purchase of foods and gifts.
The deadline for paid reservations ($50, members; $65, nonmembers) is September 17. The cost includes transportation, all tours, lunch, and gratuities. Call (414) 540-2100 for reservations and further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Community Volunteer Opportunities