The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will travel to Door County on Tuesday, September 24. The bus leaves at 8 a.m. from Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, and returns by 6:30 p.m. There will be a step-on guide to provide information throughout the day.
The route follows the Lake Michigan shoreline through the lakeside communities of Two Rivers and Kewaunee to Algoma for a tour of the Von Stiehl winery, Wisconsin's oldest licensed winery with Civil War era buildings. A fish boil at the Old Post Office in Ephraim follows. The tour continues through Peninsula State Park with a stop at Eagle Bluff Lighthouse for a visit to the grounds and the interior of the lighthouse. The final stop is at Wood Orchard Market for optional purchase of foods and gifts.
The deadline for paid reservations ($50, members; $65, nonmembers) is September 17. The cost includes transportation, all tours, lunch, and gratuities. Call (414) 540-2100 for reservations and further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Volunteers Still Needed For Walk MS: Milwaukee
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.