The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will travel to Door County on Tuesday, September 24. The bus leaves at 8 a.m. from Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, and returns by 6:30 p.m. There will be a step-on guide to provide information throughout the day.
The route follows the Lake Michigan shoreline through the lakeside communities of Two Rivers and Kewaunee to Algoma for a tour of the Von Stiehl winery, Wisconsin's oldest licensed winery with Civil War era buildings. A fish boil at the Old Post Office in Ephraim follows. The tour continues through Peninsula State Park with a stop at Eagle Bluff Lighthouse for a visit to the grounds and the interior of the lighthouse. The final stop is at Wood Orchard Market for optional purchase of foods and gifts.
The deadline for paid reservations ($50, members; $65, nonmembers) is September 17. The cost includes transportation, all tours, lunch, and gratuities. Call (414) 540-2100 for reservations and further information.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project