Bayshore Town Center’s seventh annual Chalk Art Festival will be held Saturday, August 17 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event is being presented in partnership with Welcome to Glendale, the City of Glendale’s CVB; the Riverwest Artists Association and the North Shore Academy for the Arts.
Attendees of the free festival will be able to watch more than 65 local and national artists create works of sidewalk chart art and vote for their favorites.
On Saturday, August 17, attendees will be able to watch artists in progress and vote until 6 p.m. on their favorite pieces in five categories: People’s Choice, Most Likely to be Hung in a Museum, Best Use of Color, Best Animal and the new North Shore Bank Youth Award (artists 19 and under). Additional activities and performances in the Town Square will include:
-10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Free Kids’ Activities
-Noon to 3 p.m.: Caribbean Eclipse at the Rotunda entrance
-Noon: Mainstreet Song & Dance Troupe
-3 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Dueling Pianos
On Sunday, August 19, attendees will be able to see the finished pieces and results of the public vote. Performers will also be providing entertainment in the Town Square, including:
-Noon to 2 p.m.: MYSO’s Calypso steel band
-2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: MYSO’s New Orleans Jazz camp combo, the New Orleans Stompers at the Rotunda entrance
The festival will also include artist demonstrations with the Riverwest Artists Association, including flip book making, mask making, weaving and braiding. The North Shore Academy of Arts and the Jewish Community Center (JCC) will be hosting a Kids Area with art projects and an area for kids to become sidewalk artists.
Other sponsors include California Pizza Kitchen and North Shore Bank.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 22nd Annual Sheepshead Tournament - March 21st
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- 2015 Nicolet Rec. Dept. Free Throw Contest Results
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop