Every day, Wisconsin teachers strive to fulfill fundamental goals of education: to foster a love of learning and challenge students to try new things to reach their full potential. The goals of virtual education, and virtual school educators, are no different.
Wisconsin Connections Academy (WCA) is an online public school available, tuition-free, to students in kindergarten through 12th grade statewide. Just like traditional brick-and-mortar schools, WCA engages in effective classroom instruction, maintains ongoing communication with students and families, employs dedicated teachers, and offers core academic courses and interesting electives.
I’m often asked what I think makes online learning such a good option for students. I preface my answer by saying that virtual education isn’t for everyone, but for many it is a great fit and I always encourage students and parents to learn more. In my view, these are some of the top reasons students succeed in virtual school:
•Customized Learning. Technology affords WCA the opportunity to adjust learning for each student. Through our Personalized Performance Learning approach, an instruction plan is tailored to each student’s abilities and is built around a student’s background, learning style, academic goals and progress. WCA also offers Gifted and Talented, College Preparatory and Honors and Advanced Placement classes.
•Flexibility. Because students learn from home and aren’t tied to the schedules of their peers, there is more flexibility in terms of where, when, and how quickly – or slowly – they can learn. This flexibility also allows students to pursue their individual interests and needs without sacrificing a quality education. Whether pursuing competitive athletics, performing arts, or addressing personal challenges such as health issues, WCA’s flexibility gives students the freedom to grow and the tools to succeed.
•Personal and Academic Goal Setting. Students enrolled in virtual school are never alone in the learning process. Highly-qualified, state-certified, teachers and staff are dedicated to helping students reach their full potential through goal-setting, course scheduling, personal and social development and post-graduation planning.
For those seeking an alternative to the traditional classroom, virtual education offers a dynamic learning community that focuses on the academic and emotional success of students. For more information on our virtual academy, visit www.WisconsinConnectionsAcademy.com
Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project