Growing Power’s Will Allen will be the featured speaker at the Friends of the Golda Meir Library Annual Program, on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in the Library’s fourth floor Conference Center.
Also speaking will be Michael Lovell, UWM Chancellor; Gretchen Mead, Victory Garden Initiative Executive Director; and Stan Stojkovic, UWM School of Social Welfare Dean & Chair of the Institute for Urban Agriculture and Nutrition.
As founder and CEO of America’s preeminent urban farm and non-profit organization, Growing Power, Will Allen is transforming the cultivation, production and delivery of healthy foods to under-served urban populations.
He received a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2008, and was named by Time Magazine in 2010 as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. His book “The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities” was published in 2012.
Allen’s presentation, “Farm to Fork: The Good Food Revolution,” is free and open to the public.
Public parking is available in the Union and Klotsche Pavilion parking garages. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-6202.
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Concordia Pharmacy Students Help with Prescription Drug Disposal Right Before Finals
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing