Growing Power’s Will Allen will be the featured speaker at the Friends of the Golda Meir Library Annual Program, on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in the Library’s fourth floor Conference Center.
Also speaking will be Michael Lovell, UWM Chancellor; Gretchen Mead, Victory Garden Initiative Executive Director; and Stan Stojkovic, UWM School of Social Welfare Dean & Chair of the Institute for Urban Agriculture and Nutrition.
As founder and CEO of America’s preeminent urban farm and non-profit organization, Growing Power, Will Allen is transforming the cultivation, production and delivery of healthy foods to under-served urban populations.
He received a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2008, and was named by Time Magazine in 2010 as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. His book “The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities” was published in 2012.
Allen’s presentation, “Farm to Fork: The Good Food Revolution,” is free and open to the public.
Public parking is available in the Union and Klotsche Pavilion parking garages. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- YOUNG BAYSIDE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane