Growing Power’s Will Allen will be the featured speaker at the Friends of the Golda Meir Library Annual Program, on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in the Library’s fourth floor Conference Center.
Also speaking will be Michael Lovell, UWM Chancellor; Gretchen Mead, Victory Garden Initiative Executive Director; and Stan Stojkovic, UWM School of Social Welfare Dean & Chair of the Institute for Urban Agriculture and Nutrition.
As founder and CEO of America’s preeminent urban farm and non-profit organization, Growing Power, Will Allen is transforming the cultivation, production and delivery of healthy foods to under-served urban populations.
He received a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2008, and was named by Time Magazine in 2010 as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. His book “The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities” was published in 2012.
Allen’s presentation, “Farm to Fork: The Good Food Revolution,” is free and open to the public.
Public parking is available in the Union and Klotsche Pavilion parking garages. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words