Growing Power’s Will Allen will be the featured speaker at the Friends of the Golda Meir Library Annual Program, on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in the Library’s fourth floor Conference Center.
Also speaking will be Michael Lovell, UWM Chancellor; Gretchen Mead, Victory Garden Initiative Executive Director; and Stan Stojkovic, UWM School of Social Welfare Dean & Chair of the Institute for Urban Agriculture and Nutrition.
As founder and CEO of America’s preeminent urban farm and non-profit organization, Growing Power, Will Allen is transforming the cultivation, production and delivery of healthy foods to under-served urban populations.
He received a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2008, and was named by Time Magazine in 2010 as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. His book “The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities” was published in 2012.
Allen’s presentation, “Farm to Fork: The Good Food Revolution,” is free and open to the public.
Public parking is available in the Union and Klotsche Pavilion parking garages. For more information or special needs, call (414) 229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities