The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Argo" on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School on Wednesday, March 27, at 1 p.m. The film, featuring Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, and John Goodman, is based on the true story of the escape of six Americans to the home of the Canadian ambassador during the 1979 takeover of the US embassy in Iran. A CIA operative gets them out of the country by presenting them as a Canadian film crew.
The movie swept most "best picture" awards this year, including the Academy Award. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary