The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Argo" on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School on Wednesday, March 27, at 1 p.m. The film, featuring Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, and John Goodman, is based on the true story of the escape of six Americans to the home of the Canadian ambassador during the 1979 takeover of the US embassy in Iran. A CIA operative gets them out of the country by presenting them as a Canadian film crew.
The movie swept most "best picture" awards this year, including the Academy Award. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core