The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Beasts of the Southern Wild" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m., Wednesday, February 27. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events.
The film focuses on an off-the-grid community in Louisiana that survives by its own rules until a storm (think Hurricane Katrina) intervenes. The movie is a fantastic journey witnessed, explained, and imagined by a wise beyond-her-years girl played with angelic perfection by Quvenzhane Wallis. The film has received dozens of awards from film critics and festivals and is nominated for several major Academy Awards this year. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Composer Emily Cooley wins Competition
- LUMEN CHRISTI HOSTS HOLIDAY ART & CRAFT FAIR
- A Vision for Germantown
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Monster Hunting
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Let's Dance Masquerade Fundraiser, Oct. 31
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!