The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Beasts of the Southern Wild" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m., Wednesday, February 27. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events.
The film focuses on an off-the-grid community in Louisiana that survives by its own rules until a storm (think Hurricane Katrina) intervenes. The movie is a fantastic journey witnessed, explained, and imagined by a wise beyond-her-years girl played with angelic perfection by Quvenzhane Wallis. The film has received dozens of awards from film critics and festivals and is nominated for several major Academy Awards this year. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- After School Storytimes at the North Shore Library
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Winter/Spring Registration Info
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Stritch Community Orchestra to perform debut concert on Nov. 20
- Alverno College Course Will Visit Places of the Holocaust