The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Beasts of the Southern Wild" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m., Wednesday, February 27. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events.
The film focuses on an off-the-grid community in Louisiana that survives by its own rules until a storm (think Hurricane Katrina) intervenes. The movie is a fantastic journey witnessed, explained, and imagined by a wise beyond-her-years girl played with angelic perfection by Quvenzhane Wallis. The film has received dozens of awards from film critics and festivals and is nominated for several major Academy Awards this year. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners