The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Beasts of the Southern Wild" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m., Wednesday, February 27. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events.
The film focuses on an off-the-grid community in Louisiana that survives by its own rules until a storm (think Hurricane Katrina) intervenes. The movie is a fantastic journey witnessed, explained, and imagined by a wise beyond-her-years girl played with angelic perfection by Quvenzhane Wallis. The film has received dozens of awards from film critics and festivals and is nominated for several major Academy Awards this year. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Spring Break at the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio!
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Brilliant DPI to Host Open House to Showcase Expanded Office Space
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations