A newly–formed support group based in Whitefish Bay and sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association is welcoming attendees. The group’s next meeting will be held on Thursday, February 21st from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. at United Methodist Church, 819 E. Silver Spring Drive, in Whitefish Bay. The support group will meet regularly on the third Thursday of every month.
A support group is designed to provide an open forum for caregivers or family members to voice their concerns and ask questions about Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. In addition to the emotional, educational and social support provided, the regularly scheduled meetings also allow participants to develop methods and skills to solve problems.
The support group is open to family members or caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. There is no cost to attend. For more information, please contact the support group facilitator, Richard Whitaker at 414-964-2424 extension 121.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research whose mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. For more information about Alzheimer’s disease and local services visit www.alz.org/sewi or call the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words