The Fellowship Committee of North Shore Congregational Church,, 7330 N. Santa Monica Blvd. will host a Winter Farmers' Market from 9:30am to 1:00pm, Sat., Jan. 19 in Fellowship Hall, in the lower level of the church. It is being organized with the Churches’ Center for Land and People, an ecumenical organization that brings together churches, groups and individuals to strengthen rural life and the ministries of faith communities in Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois. The Center works to integrate earth stewardship, economic justice, community and spirituality around issues related to agriculture and food.
These markets provide small-scale farmers the chance to sell their products in off-season. The farmers supply ingredients for the brunches and are able to sell directly to those attending the meals.
Products for sale at the markets include woolen goods, farmstead soaps, cheese, produce, preserves, honey and meats. Farmers help farmers by building connections with each other and by donating ten percent of sales to the Harvest of Hope emergency fund with 100% of the donations given to farmers in need.
There will also be hot chili, snacks and beverages available, made with ingredients from the participating farms or fair trade vendors.
Bring the family and enjoy the fellowship!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art Sampler
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Fall Programming Registration Info
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!