The Fellowship Committee of North Shore Congregational Church,, 7330 N. Santa Monica Blvd. will host a Winter Farmers' Market from 9:30am to 1:00pm, Sat., Jan. 19 in Fellowship Hall, in the lower level of the church. It is being organized with the Churches’ Center for Land and People, an ecumenical organization that brings together churches, groups and individuals to strengthen rural life and the ministries of faith communities in Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois. The Center works to integrate earth stewardship, economic justice, community and spirituality around issues related to agriculture and food.
These markets provide small-scale farmers the chance to sell their products in off-season. The farmers supply ingredients for the brunches and are able to sell directly to those attending the meals.
Products for sale at the markets include woolen goods, farmstead soaps, cheese, produce, preserves, honey and meats. Farmers help farmers by building connections with each other and by donating ten percent of sales to the Harvest of Hope emergency fund with 100% of the donations given to farmers in need.
There will also be hot chili, snacks and beverages available, made with ingredients from the participating farms or fair trade vendors.
Bring the family and enjoy the fellowship!
- The Comedy of Errors
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities