Local actress Jessica Machna will appear as Dolley Madison, the wife of the fourth U.S. President James Madison and First Lady, 1809-1817, in the Glendale Senior Citizens' Clubroom on the lower level of Glenhills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Legend has it that she ordered the removal of the Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington as the British advanced on the White House during the War of 1812. It is also said that she introduced the White House egg rolling contests that are still held on the grounds on Easter Monday.
The performance is free, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Volunteers Still Needed For Walk MS: Milwaukee
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015