The Milwaukee Concert Band presents a Fall Concert on Saturday, November 10, at 2:00pm, at Cardinal Stritch University (6801 North Yates Road, Milwaukee), in Schroeder Auditorium in the Campus Center.
Enjoy a variety of music, including River of Life by Steven Reineke; Brazilian Sleigh Bells by Percy Faith; Gordon Jacob’s An Original Suite for Military Band; Florentiner March by Julius Fucik; the Second Movement from Howard Hanson’s Nordic Symphony; and A Friend Remembered, by James Swearingen, dedicated to the memory of Milwaukee Concert Band percussionist Edward Doemland who recently passed away.
For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners