The Milwaukee Concert Band presents a Fall Concert on Saturday, November 10, at 2:00pm, at Cardinal Stritch University (6801 North Yates Road, Milwaukee), in Schroeder Auditorium in the Campus Center.
Enjoy a variety of music, including River of Life by Steven Reineke; Brazilian Sleigh Bells by Percy Faith; Gordon Jacob’s An Original Suite for Military Band; Florentiner March by Julius Fucik; the Second Movement from Howard Hanson’s Nordic Symphony; and A Friend Remembered, by James Swearingen, dedicated to the memory of Milwaukee Concert Band percussionist Edward Doemland who recently passed away.
For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Concordia Pharmacy Students Help with Prescription Drug Disposal Right Before Finals
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing