The Milwaukee Concert Band presents a Fall Concert on Saturday, November 10, at 2:00pm, at Cardinal Stritch University (6801 North Yates Road, Milwaukee), in Schroeder Auditorium in the Campus Center.
Enjoy a variety of music, including River of Life by Steven Reineke; Brazilian Sleigh Bells by Percy Faith; Gordon Jacob’s An Original Suite for Military Band; Florentiner March by Julius Fucik; the Second Movement from Howard Hanson’s Nordic Symphony; and A Friend Remembered, by James Swearingen, dedicated to the memory of Milwaukee Concert Band percussionist Edward Doemland who recently passed away.
For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Two Weeks Remaining For Chance To Win $10,000 For Your Non-Profit
- Whitefish Bay