The Milwaukee Concert Band presents a Fall Concert on Saturday, November 10, at 2:00pm, at Cardinal Stritch University (6801 North Yates Road, Milwaukee), in Schroeder Auditorium in the Campus Center.
Enjoy a variety of music, including River of Life by Steven Reineke; Brazilian Sleigh Bells by Percy Faith; Gordon Jacob’s An Original Suite for Military Band; Florentiner March by Julius Fucik; the Second Movement from Howard Hanson’s Nordic Symphony; and A Friend Remembered, by James Swearingen, dedicated to the memory of Milwaukee Concert Band percussionist Edward Doemland who recently passed away.
For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- YOUNG BAYSIDE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane