Nominations Needed to Help Honor Individuals Dedicated to Changing Lives of Others: Horizon Home Care & Hospice Seeks Nominees for Annual Touching Lives Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 Touching Lives Award, presented by Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit licensed, full service home care agency and hospice provider.
Past Touching Lives Award winners include former Wisconsin First Lady Sue Ann Thompson, executives Leo Brideau, Bill Petasnick and Pamela Parker; physicians; and hospice and palliative care nurses.
The award honors those individuals who’ve made a lasting impact on improving the lives of others through their efforts. The ideal nominee has demonstrated:
*Length of Service providing service to our community for at least 20 years
*Depth of Commitment going beyond what is expected with tenacity
*Innovation in creating their own organization or project, or advance an existing one
*Leadership especially in the ability to get others to work together toward a common cause
*Results in their work in health care, human service or community projects that improve lives
*Creation of meaningful change by making a unique or lasting impact through their efforts
Nominations for the Touching Lives Award are available at http://www.horizonhomecareandhospice.com/events/TouchingLives.asp or please contact Kelly Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-586-6268. Nominations are due by Friday, November 30, 2012.
Recipients will receive their awards at Horizon’s annual Matters of the Heart Gala February 16, 2013. The awards are hand-blown glass works of art created by local artist Daniel Ostrov. Horizon established the awards in 2007, the first year they held their Gala which raises funds for the agency’s Grief Resource Center, Wisconsin’s only free walk-in center dedicated to grief, bereavement and healing.
Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit organization established in 1990, is the state’s second largest full service home care agency and hospice. Horizon, in partnership with Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert and Community Health, is licensed to provide home care and hospice services, Medicare and Medicaid certified and accredited by The Joint Commission. For more information, please visit http://www.horizonhch.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- MUSIC AT THE MARKET
- Pizzeria Piccola Society Sunday August 17 benefiting Second Hand Purrs