Standup Comedy Show To Benefit Badly Injured MPD Officer Joshua Albert Wed. Oct. 17th 2012
A live standup comedy show will be held at 8pm on Wednesday October 17 th, 2012 at Shank
Hall (1434 North Farwell Avenue) in Milwaukee as a fundraiser to benefit the critically injured
Milwaukee police officer Joshua Albert. Officer Albert was recently struck by a drunk driver who
was going the wrong way on I-94 shortly after midnight on Wednesday September 5 th, 2012.
Officer Albert has had a distinguished career in the short time he has been a Milwaukee police
officer, and received a Meritorious Service Award in 2011 for an outstanding arrest. He suffered
numerous broken bones in the crash, and will be unable to work for an indefinite time period.
Officer Albert’s partner is Officer Katie Gebhardt – Anderer, who happens to be a second cousin
of nationally touring professional comedian and Milwaukee native Dobie Maxwell. Maxwell was
himself seriously injured at the hands of a drunk driver in March of 1993 and nearly lost his own
life traveling home from a comedy show. He was also off work for months during his recovery.
Maxwell has appeared on CBS Television’s “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” and was a
morning radio personality on 97.9 ‘The Loop’ in Chicago and 93QFM in Milwaukee. He has been
a full time comedian since 1985, and has performed with many people including Jerry Seinfeld,
Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Drew Carey, Sam Kinison, Frank Caliendo and too many others to list.
Officer Anderer asked if Maxwell would be willing to do a benefit with proceeds going to Officer
Albert, and Maxwell immediately agreed. Shank Hall agreed to host the evening, and absolutely
100% of all proceeds that evening will go to Officer Albert after expenses. www.shankhall.com.
Suggested donation for the performance is $20 per person, but no sincere offer of support will
be turned away. There will also be a silent auction with donated items and Maxwell will donate
proceeds from the sales of his two comedy CDs “Mr. Lucky In Kentucky” and “Hard Luck Jollies”,
his live DVD “The Dented Can” and t-shirts from his one man show dealing with life growing up
locally in the 20th Century called “Schlitz Happened! An Old Milwaukee Blatz From The Pabst.”
Also appearing on the bill will be former Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy Russ Martin, and
up and coming local performer and webhost of www.mkefunny.com Jason Evans. Other guests
are likely to be added, and the event will be hosted by 540 ESPN radio personality Drew Olson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!