Dominican High School is proud to announce that seniors Patricia Bolan, daughter of Sandy and Jerry Bolan of Port Washington and Jacob Scobey-Polacheck, son of Annemarie and Bill Scobey-Polacheck of Glendale, have been named Commended students in the 2013 National Merit Scholarship Program.
About 34,000 Commended students throughout the nation are recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although they will not continue in the 2013 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards, Commended students placed among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2013 competition by taking the 2011 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
“The young people recognized as Commended students represent some of the best and brightest minds in the country as demonstrated by their outstanding performance in our highly competitive program,” commented a NMSC spokesperson. “We hope this recognition will provide them with additional educational outlets and motivate them in their pursuit of academic achievement.”
Dominican High School is a leader in secondary education, providing young men and women with a quality, Catholic college-preparatory education in a supportive, nurturing environment. Founded over 50 years ago by the Sinsinawa Dominicans and based in Whitefish Bay, Wis., Dominican’s diverse population draws students from more than 50 grade schools and four counties across southeastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 Nicolet Rec. Dept. Free Throw Contest Results
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter