PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc. (PEARLS) is honored to be a participant in the National 2012 Chase Community Giving Program. Chosen out of thousands of charities across the nation, PEARLS’ nomination was based on the organization’s impact in the Milwaukee community. Through the program, PEARLS will be eligible to a share of $5 million in grants, based upon individual votes.
“This nomination is exciting for our organization and a great opportunity to be recognized on a national level.” said Danae Davis, CEO of PEARLS. “We are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the program and look forward to continued support from the community to help us further our mission.”
Voting is now open and will run through September 19th. To vote for PEARLS, visit ChaseGiving.com or Chase Community Giving’s Facebook page.
Winners will be announced Sept. 20 via the Chase Community Giving Facebook page, as well as ChaseGiving.com. Chase will donate to the eligible charities who receive the most votes as follows:
• $250 thousand to the Charity receiving the most votes;
• $100 thousand to the next runner’s-up Charity;
• $50 thousand to the next 35 runner’s-up Charity;
• $20 thousand to the next 15 runner’s-up Charity;
• $10 thousand to the remaining 100 runner’s-up Charity.
For more information on PEARLS for Teen Girls, visit www.pearlsforteengirls.com. You can also find PEARLS on Facebook and Twitter.
PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc. (PEARLS) is a dynamic and innovative non-profit leadership development organization serving at-risk, primarily African American and Latina girls, ages 10 to 19 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. PEARLS helps girls achieve in school, avoid teen pregnancy, and use their personal power to achieve their goals and dreams. PEARLS offers a totally distinct, custom curriculum that focuses on helping girls build leadership skills like self-reflection, critical thinking, sound decision making, goal setting, clear communication and personal accountability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball