PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc. (PEARLS) is honored to be a participant in the National 2012 Chase Community Giving Program. Chosen out of thousands of charities across the nation, PEARLS’ nomination was based on the organization’s impact in the Milwaukee community. Through the program, PEARLS will be eligible to a share of $5 million in grants, based upon individual votes.
“This nomination is exciting for our organization and a great opportunity to be recognized on a national level.” said Danae Davis, CEO of PEARLS. “We are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the program and look forward to continued support from the community to help us further our mission.”
Voting is now open and will run through September 19th. To vote for PEARLS, visit ChaseGiving.com or Chase Community Giving’s Facebook page.
Winners will be announced Sept. 20 via the Chase Community Giving Facebook page, as well as ChaseGiving.com. Chase will donate to the eligible charities who receive the most votes as follows:
• $250 thousand to the Charity receiving the most votes;
• $100 thousand to the next runner’s-up Charity;
• $50 thousand to the next 35 runner’s-up Charity;
• $20 thousand to the next 15 runner’s-up Charity;
• $10 thousand to the remaining 100 runner’s-up Charity.
For more information on PEARLS for Teen Girls, visit www.pearlsforteengirls.com. You can also find PEARLS on Facebook and Twitter.
PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc. (PEARLS) is a dynamic and innovative non-profit leadership development organization serving at-risk, primarily African American and Latina girls, ages 10 to 19 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. PEARLS helps girls achieve in school, avoid teen pregnancy, and use their personal power to achieve their goals and dreams. PEARLS offers a totally distinct, custom curriculum that focuses on helping girls build leadership skills like self-reflection, critical thinking, sound decision making, goal setting, clear communication and personal accountability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas at Balmoral Castle
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- 26th Annual Trek 100 Ride for Hope
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction