For Immediate Release
August 30, 2012: Nicolet High School is proud to announce that eight candidates have been selected to the Class of 2012 Nicolet High School Athletic Hall of Fame. The candidates include five athletes: Mike Gaborski (Class of ’67-baseball/basketball/football), Bryan Jones (Class of ’90-track), BJ Tucker (class of ‘99 -track/football) Dan Grunfeld (class of ’02 basketball), Fred Fischer (class of ’67 football/basketball/baseball), two coaches: Tom Puls (basketball), Chuck Walters (swim), and one distinguished service: Jim Liska (Coach/Athletic Director).
The Nicolet Athletic Hall of Fame honors former student athletes, coaches and other individuals who have contributed outstanding accomplishments towards Nicolet High School athletics. The candidates who make up the class of 2012 will be honored at halftime of the Nicolet football game when it hosts Grafton on Friday, September 21st. There will a breakfast in the Knights Hall at Nicolet High School beginning at 9am on Saturday, September 22nd followed by the induction ceremony and unveiling of the plaques in the “Wall of Fame”. Tickets will be available to the public beginning September 5th. Call 414-351-8145.
A Hall of Fame Committee comprised of Nicolet Athletic Staff, past and present, chose the 8 individuals from a pool of more than 30 nominees. All future inductees will be chosen following a formal nomination process available to the community and on the Nicolet Website.
Nicolet High School Congratulates all the inductees and their families!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Free Showing of "Million Dollar Arm"