Unitarian Church North is hosting a household electronics recycling program on Saturday, September 8, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church’s rear parking lot, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The cost will be $10 per car, plus $10 for each TV (no charge for PC or laptop monitors). The event is for residential electronics only (no business equipment). The equipment will be recycled by Miller Electronics Recycling, a local company. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event – all are welcome.
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and other consumer electronics.
Items not accepted include: microwave ovens; dehumidifiers; other small and large appliances; batteries; light bulbs.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist faith, and it’s something we take seriously, “said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Concordia Pharmacy Students Help with Prescription Drug Disposal Right Before Finals
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco Becomes an Ameriprise Financial Diamond Ring Club Member