Unitarian Church North is hosting a household electronics recycling program on Saturday, September 8, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church’s rear parking lot, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The cost will be $10 per car, plus $10 for each TV (no charge for PC or laptop monitors). The event is for residential electronics only (no business equipment). The equipment will be recycled by Miller Electronics Recycling, a local company. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event – all are welcome.
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and other consumer electronics.
Items not accepted include: microwave ovens; dehumidifiers; other small and large appliances; batteries; light bulbs.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist faith, and it’s something we take seriously, “said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words