Seniors Are Invited to Register for the Community Exercise Program Classes held at Eastcastle Place and Newcastle Place August 6-October 11, 2012
MILWAUKEE, August 7, 2012— Eastcastle Place and Newcastle Place, vibrant senior living communities located in Milwaukee and Mequon, invite residents and the public to participate in the Community Exercise Program. This innovative fitness program is available to those 55 years of age and up. The program consists of two classes, the Lo-Impact Exercise class and the Splash program. The first involves standing workouts that use weights and resistance bands, while the later takes place in the pool where participants utilize pool noodles and water weights.
All exercises are led by Pam Hunt, who has a degree in therapeutic recreation, along with various ECP and NCP certified personal trainers. The specific workouts are designed to improve seniors’ balance, strength, cardio and muscular endurance, allowing participants to modify each exercise to fit their specific skill/ability level.
This session of classes runs from August 6 through October 11, with the final 2012 session beginning shortly thereafter. Costs for the programs range between $61.75 and $65.00.
Schedule for Eastcastle Place (2505 E. Bradford Ave, Milwaukee WI):
Class Days Time Cost
Lo-Impact Exercise M,W 10:00-10:45 AM $61.75
Splash Program M,W 11:00-11:45 AM $61.75
Splash Program M,W 12:00-12:45 PM $61.75
Splash Program M,W 1:00-1:45 PM $61.75
Splash Program T,Th 8:30-9:15 AM $65.00
Splash Program T,Th 9:30-10:15 AM $65.00
Schedule for Newcastle Place (12600 N. Port Washington Rd, Mequon WI):
Class Days Time Cost
Splash Program T, Th 11:15-12:00 Noon $65.00
Splash Program T, Th 12:15-1:00 PM $65.00
For more information or to obtain a registration form please contact Michele Dorszynski at 262-387-8841.
About Eastcastle Place
Founded as Milwaukee Protestant Home in 1884 by a group of public-spirited women, Eastcastle Place has earned an exemplary reputation by providing compassionate care to seniors throughout the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Along with Newcastle Place, its sister community in Mequon, Wis., Eastcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community that offers elegant and upscale independent living apartments and vast amenities. This vibrant senior community also offers assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. For more information, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
About Newcastle Place
Newcastle Place is a vibrant senior community located in Mequon, Wis. that offers elegant independent living residences and vast amenities. This continuing care community also offers assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. It has earned an exemplary reputation by providing compassionate care to seniors throughout the metropolitan Milwaukee area. For more information on Newcastle Place, please visit www.NewcastlePlace.com or call 262.387.8800.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project