Historian John Eastberg, along with E.J. Brumder, will discuss the impact of George Brumder (1839-1910), the nation's leading publisher of German-language literature, on Milwaukee and the wider German-American community, at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 3, 2012 at the UWM Hefter Conference Center.
The UWM Libraries hold one of the largest collections of Brumder publications.
John Eastberg has been the historian for the Pabst Mansion for over 12 years and holds an MA from Marquette in 19th century American history with an emphasis on the Gilded Age.
E.J. Brumder, the Brumder family historian, is the co-author of "German Milwaukee: Its History, Its Recipes."
“The Voice of Germania: George Brumder's Milwaukee” is free and open to the public. Limited seating requires reservations. Please reserve by July 30 by contacting Ana Conant (414) 229-3293 or email@example.com
The UWM Hefter Conference Center is located at 3271 Lake Drive. For more information about the event, please call 414-229-2811.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Oktoberfest Lunch with Magician
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- The Wellness Way Approach to Female & Male HORMONES
- Poe's Ghosts
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Free Showing of
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Memorial Lutheran Church to host 2nd Annual Fall Faith Fair this weekend!