Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of July 10, 2012
July 14 – Dave & Kay Hoerig
Programs and Events
July 12 – Meeting of directors, Alioto's at noon
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: This week we had a couple of guests, Rube Ziehlsdorf, who has submitted a membership application, and Nicole Cuccinelo, the recipient of the Rick Mosher Memorial scholarship. Nicole is planning to attend UWSP in the fall to study biology. She is a past president of the Venturing Crew and, fittingly for a recipient of the Mosher scholarship, is involved in theater activities.
Happy dollars came in from Dave Eppelsheimer, for an unnamed Brewer who batted in the winning run on Monday; from John Cable, who is making a kayak that will be for sale and is planning on a trip to Europe next week, to check out painting and tiling techniques (that the story for the IRS, anyway); Bob Reinhardt, who paid to celebrate 29 years of living in Tosa; John Foley, happy about his brother's fiftieth wedding anniversary; Kevin Dwyer, who talked Peter Bray into playing golf and maybe coming back to the club; and Don Nordholm, who missed the meeting last week, but wanted to observe his sixtieth wedding anniversary.
Member news: Taylor Poehls stopped in to see Warren Breitlow at Warren's new home, Trinity Court. Warren's ribs are still healing, but he was happy to see Taylor and told Taylor about his visit from Eli. Warren Carity attended the June directors' meeting, but he is still suffering aftereffects of his fight with bronchitis.
Golf: Thanks to Kevin Dwyer for a great event. Bob Reinhardt estimates that the net will be around $5,000.
Interclub: We'll visit the Germantown club in two weeks, Wednesday, July 18, 7:30 AM, at Aldo's Pizza, W156N11058 Pilgrim Road, which is just south of Mequon Road.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts sC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary