The Shorewood Senior Resource Center will sponsor a three week series for caregivers, “Understanding Dementia: An Educational Program for Family Caregivers.” The three sessions will be given on Wednesdays August 1, 8 and 15 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Resource Center, located on the ground floor of the Shorewood library.
At Session I, there will be information on the warning signs of dementia, the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and treatment options and progression. Session II will deal with steps to maximize function and strategies to optimize communication and interactions. Session III will focus on understanding challenging or difficult behaviors and strategies for behavior management.
The presentations are free, but pre-registration is required. Supervisory respite for your loved one may be available. Those interested should ask about it when they call to register. Fourteen days notice will be needed for this service. To register, call Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Shorewood Senior Resource Center, at (414) 847-2727.
Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Senior Resource Center, (414) 847-2727
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Community Volunteer Opportunities