The Shorewood Senior Resource Center will sponsor a three week series for caregivers, “Understanding Dementia: An Educational Program for Family Caregivers.” The three sessions will be given on Wednesdays August 1, 8 and 15 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Resource Center, located on the ground floor of the Shorewood library.
At Session I, there will be information on the warning signs of dementia, the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and treatment options and progression. Session II will deal with steps to maximize function and strategies to optimize communication and interactions. Session III will focus on understanding challenging or difficult behaviors and strategies for behavior management.
The presentations are free, but pre-registration is required. Supervisory respite for your loved one may be available. Those interested should ask about it when they call to register. Fourteen days notice will be needed for this service. To register, call Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Shorewood Senior Resource Center, at (414) 847-2727.
Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Senior Resource Center, (414) 847-2727
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!
- Financial Checklist for Your Sixties
- Still room for Wine Glass Painting at Purloin Studio
- Fairy Tale Fantasy
- Annual Cruisin-4-Kids Motorcycle Ride this Saturday!