The Brown Deer Foundation will be hosting the 8th Annual Deer Run, in Brown Deer, Wisconsin, on Saturday, April 28, 2012 beginning at 9:00am. There will be a 5K walk and run and 10K run only. Registration begins at 7:30am – 8:30am. Primary corporate sponsors for are the Rite Hite YMCA and Wheaton Franciscan. Other sponsors include FIS, Veolia, Westbury Bank, Eggers Imprints, and General Capital. Pre-registration is encouraged. Register online at www.badgerlandstriders.org/home/ Races/TheDeerRun.htm and click on the link under Registration. Registration is $20. The Deer Run is the annual fund raiser for the Brown Deer Foundation which is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization established to enhance the quality of life for the people of Brown Deer. Please call 414-371-3010 for further information on the Deer Run.
The Foundation was established in 1997 for dedicated individuals and organizations to make an investment in the community. The purpose of the Foundation, which is governed by a board of 11 directors from the community, is to receive and administer gifts for public, charitable and educational use. These gifts lessen the burdens of government by providing residents with amenities not funded by taxes, advance science and education, to develop and improve individuals and emphasize arts, crafts and sciences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- Jazz Pianist, Kuba Stankiewicz Performed at the Polish Center
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- BBB Names 2015 Business Ethics Award Winners
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words