Village Offers Step-By-Step Guide To Discovering One of Wisconsin's Great Communities
Considering a move and in the process of looking for a new home? Residents new to Shorewood - or those considering a move to the Village - will find everything they need about Shorewood living in the Village’s special informational Walking Kit. This Walking Kit, one of the Village’s most valuable marketing resources, is available at no charge to new or potential residents. Besides highlighting Shorewood's unique, eclectic charm, it’s filled with information about our community, schools, homes, architecture and businesses. For quick and easy reference there are fact sheets, answers to frequently asked questions and coupons to introduce newcomers to Shorewood businesses.
An important insert in the kit is a guide that compares costs of living between Shorewood and other communities. The research substantiates that with the lowest level of both user fees and commute cost/time of any of the communities studied, Shorewood is a more attractive option from a financial standpoint than indicated by looking at tax rates alone.
The Walking Kit is one of the marketing vehicles created and used by the Shorewood Marketing Program to promote the benefits of living and working in Shorewood and to attract new residents and families to relocate to the community.
According to Marketing Committee Chair Mike O’Brien, “Our marketing program is unlike any other in the area. Not only do our Walking Kits help orient new residents to Shorewood’s many benefits, but we also offer a dynamic website (shorewoodtoday.com) that provides additional information about our attractive and diverse community. From its convenient walkability and close proximity to Lake Michigan, the Milwaukee River and downtown - to our vibrant business district and exceptional schools - Shorewood really does have it all.”
The Marketing Committee works with local realtors who offer the Walking Kits to their clients and also distribute them at their open house events. If you are new to Shorewood, or considering making a move, it is also easy to get a copy of the Walking Kit right here in Shorewood, by stopping at the Customer Service Desk at Village Hall, 3930 N. Murray Ave.
You can also visit shorewoodtoday.com to start discovering all the great reasons why Shorewood offers an incomparable quality of life!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary