James P. Young has been named Logistics Manager for Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors, ingredients, and consumer products for the food and beverage industry.
Young will be responsible for Wixon’s supply chain functions including shipping and receiving, and Wixon’s distribution center.
“Jim brings a great depth of experience to the department, and we are looking forward to his contributions on distribution strategies and efficiencies to further enhance our customers’ service and satisfaction,” said Jim Pade, Wixon’s Logistic Director.
Young has 13 years of experience in logistics and supply chain management, the last three as an independent consultant providing executive management services in business planning, operations improvement, and logistics. Prior to his consulting business, he was Logistics Operations Director for Starr Distribution Services Corp., Phoenix, where he had numerous responsibilities including managing three warehouses and a Walmart Distribution Center, a fleet of trucks and drivers, DOT and OSHA policies, as well as business planning and development. His career also included directing marketing and sales for Prudential Insurance Corp. and national account sales management for Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation. (MGIC), where he was a senior vice president.
Young obtained his MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He received his bachelor’s of business administration and finance degree from the University of Hawaii.
An avid golfer, Young resides in River Hills, Wis. He and his wife have four daughters and five grandchildren.
Founded in 1907, Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing flavor technologies, custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, protein expertise, foodservice and menu solutions, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is ISO9001 certified and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!