James P. Young has been named Logistics Manager for Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors, ingredients, and consumer products for the food and beverage industry.
Young will be responsible for Wixon’s supply chain functions including shipping and receiving, and Wixon’s distribution center.
“Jim brings a great depth of experience to the department, and we are looking forward to his contributions on distribution strategies and efficiencies to further enhance our customers’ service and satisfaction,” said Jim Pade, Wixon’s Logistic Director.
Young has 13 years of experience in logistics and supply chain management, the last three as an independent consultant providing executive management services in business planning, operations improvement, and logistics. Prior to his consulting business, he was Logistics Operations Director for Starr Distribution Services Corp., Phoenix, where he had numerous responsibilities including managing three warehouses and a Walmart Distribution Center, a fleet of trucks and drivers, DOT and OSHA policies, as well as business planning and development. His career also included directing marketing and sales for Prudential Insurance Corp. and national account sales management for Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation. (MGIC), where he was a senior vice president.
Young obtained his MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He received his bachelor’s of business administration and finance degree from the University of Hawaii.
An avid golfer, Young resides in River Hills, Wis. He and his wife have four daughters and five grandchildren.
Founded in 1907, Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing flavor technologies, custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, protein expertise, foodservice and menu solutions, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is ISO9001 certified and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project