Senior Residents at Eastcastle Place Learn the Benefits of Pet Therapy with Some Furry Friends at “Waggin’ Tails” Event
Residents of Eastcastle Place, a senior living community on Milwaukee’s East Side, had the opportunity to meet and interact with professionally trained therapy dogs at the community’s “Waggin’ Tails Pet Show.” The event, presented by Pets Helping People Inc., featured pet handlers demonstrating a variety of tricks and therapy techniques for the residents.
Pets Helping People Inc. taught participants the importance of maintaining a strong human-animal bond. Residents learned that interacting with the dogs can reduce stress, provide companionship and assist individuals coping with depression and anxiety.
“We held this event last year and our residents enjoyed it so much we had to invite Pets Helping People back,” said Laura Wengler, director of lifestyle services at Eastcastle Place. “They put on a great program, and showed us all firsthand how big of an impact these dogs can have on people.”
For more information about Eastcastle Place, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
- The Comedy of Errors
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities