Senior Residents at Eastcastle Place Learn the Benefits of Pet Therapy with Some Furry Friends at “Waggin’ Tails” Event
Residents of Eastcastle Place, a senior living community on Milwaukee’s East Side, had the opportunity to meet and interact with professionally trained therapy dogs at the community’s “Waggin’ Tails Pet Show.” The event, presented by Pets Helping People Inc., featured pet handlers demonstrating a variety of tricks and therapy techniques for the residents.
Pets Helping People Inc. taught participants the importance of maintaining a strong human-animal bond. Residents learned that interacting with the dogs can reduce stress, provide companionship and assist individuals coping with depression and anxiety.
“We held this event last year and our residents enjoyed it so much we had to invite Pets Helping People back,” said Laura Wengler, director of lifestyle services at Eastcastle Place. “They put on a great program, and showed us all firsthand how big of an impact these dogs can have on people.”
For more information about Eastcastle Place, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art Sampler
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Fall Programming Registration Info
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!