On Friday, August 26, drinking beer and wine can help children and adults with hearing loss in our community, when you attend Corks & Kegs, a fundraising event to benefit the Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness. This event will take place at the newly renovated, historic Florida Street Building, located at 234 W. Florida St. in Milwaukee’s Fifth Ward, from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Tickets are $40 each or just $35 when purchasing two or more, and are on sale now at www.cchdwi.org or by calling 414-604-2200.
Corks & Kegs will feature unlimited beer and wine tasting, a bloody mary bar, heavy appetizers, and music from the Dan Dance Trio. Guests will also enjoy a silent auction featuring a variety of fun and unique items, a wine pull, and 50/50 raffles throughout the evening. All proceeds from this event support language, literacy and independent living skills programs for children and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Sampling will be provided by the Milwaukee Brewing Company, Jimmy Luv’s Bloody Mary Mix, Great Lakes Distillery and Waterford Wine Company. Tickets to Corks & Kegs are $40 each or $35 when purchasing two or more. Tickets are available online at www.cchdwi.org or by calling 414-604-2200. Dress is casual, so come as you are!
And, if you can't make it to the event, you can still support CCHD by participating in the Online Silent Auction at www.biddingforgood.com/cchd, which will run August 12 through 9:00 AM on August 24.
The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness is located at 10243 W. National Avenue in West Allis. The Center is a private non-profit agency that has been providing critical services to children and adults with hearing loss in Wisconsin for 85 years. It is the only place of its kind in Wisconsin. Each year, the Center helps more than 6,000 children and adults hear and communicate better so they can reach their fullest potential. For more information, call 414-604-2200 or visit www.cchdwi.org.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project