Free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check Thursday, July 21
It is important that everyone in a vehicle buckle up for every ride. But how do you know if you have the correct seat for your child? How do you really know if your car seat is correctly installed? Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition, led by Children’s Health Education Center, will host a free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check. Certified car seat technicians will assist families to ensure children are riding safely.
2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, July 21 (appointments prefered: 414-263-8397)
1647 N. Fourth St., Milwaukee
(Please enter from Galena Street, not Walnut Avenue.)
At the safety check, trained child passenger safety specialists will make certain seats are correctly installed and appropriate for the age and size of the child. No appointments are necessary.
“Nationally, nearly 1,700 children die and 230,000 are injured each year as motor vehicle passengers,” said Lisa Klindt Simpson, coordinator, Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin. “Some car seats need just a few minor modifications, such as tightening the seat in the vehicle or making the seat’s straps fit snugly on the child. However, other seats are too old or have been recalled and require replacement.”
For more information about child passenger safety, go to safekidswi.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Fall Programming Registration Info
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES CIGARS & SHOOTING
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Make It Modern
- Business Of The Year!
- Financial Checklist for Your Sixties
- Still room for Wine Glass Painting at Purloin Studio